Monday 22 July 2013

How it all started...

Hi there,
I'm Lesley and I only started crafting about 3 and a half years ago when I joined a coffee and craft club at +Heighley Gate garden centre near Morpeth in Northumberland.  Our inspirational leader is Brenda Charlton who has taught us all so much.  We meet twice a month and there are regularly about 20 people who go. I like the fact that everyone is prepared to exchange ideas and if anyone is stuck, there's always someone to help. 
There is a huge range of expertise and so much talent, yet as a beginner I didn't feel out in the cold or overawed; I am still amazed at what people create when given a challenge! On the odd occasion when Brenda hasn't been able to come, +Margie has taken the reins and while the styles may differ, the ability to bring out the best doesn't.

I find that I like to experiment with different effects and materials and as a consequence often get quite clarty (hence the title - for those of you aren't familiar it means mucky or messy), but by doing this I often surprise myself with my achievements and it's fun! Not so sure the cats like being covered in glitter though.

I also attend a local art group, again surrounded by talent and living in hope that one day I will have the nerve to put something in a frame, on the wall and be pleased to own up to it :-).

I've amazed myself today, by getting up the nerve to start a blog.  I think I'll go and lie down now. 

Cheerio folks

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, any tips are appreciated. Lesley